Sri Lankan Airlines to Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikefreekz

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone travelled on Sri lankan Airlines to Maldives before? Would love to hear your experience with regard to the airlines, in terms of delays and punctuality. regards

Hello!

I traveled one time with Sri Lankan Airlines from Maldives to Sri Lanka and return. The plane was on time.

This is not the most comfortable plane company (economic class), but usually a bit cheaper.

Have a safe trip!

It's not that different in most respects than many other European or Asian airlines, in my experience. Don't recall any issues with punctuality.

I have done it several times and no issues. The flight is just over an hour and they have several flight each day. i did fly cheaper on Malaysian Airlines once so you might want to check that as well. They dont fly as often and sometimes codeshare with Sri Lankan.

This may be a bit late, but I thought I'd reply anyway.

I wouldn't recommend them at all. We got snared up in the heavy snow of Christmas 2010 and they were dreadful. No information, no assistance and they left us stranded at Heathrow for 4 days with no food or accomodation. Legally they were obliged to provide us with these things, but completely failed to do so. It took me 3 months to get a simple letter out of them for our travel insurance. After a year of complaining and even referral to the Civil Aviation Authority, I ended up having to take them to court to get what we were owed.

They paid up in the end, but it was a long, hard slog.

If there's an alternative flight, I'd take that!

Don't do it. I travelled in October this year:

Huge delays - missed connections
Lies about connections
Ridiculously unorganised
Rubbish entertainment (if its working at all and if it is the screen is rubbish)
Dropped a tray of drinks on me while I was asleep
Etc

You couldn't pay me to travel with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom