Scubapro hell.... Can u help a guy out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaiyz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there. I have a 97 Scubapro Seahawk BC and I'm missing my elbow. Long story but I'm getting no where with scubapro or any scubapro dealer I've spoken with. They all say, oh, that's the seahawk that was only made for a couple of years and those elbows are no longer made. Here, buy a new one, that will be $700.

Does anyone have or know of a scubapro dealer that would keep parts from retired BC's and sell them? After all, I've tried on the new seahawk and it's not even close to mine. Not as adjustable, not as comfortable and not as paid for as mine already is.

I'm posting pictures of the the BC that has pic's of the elbow before it was removed along with the air2. I already have another air2, just need the elbow itself and maybe a hose to go from the 5/8 to a 2nd gen air2.

Thanks for looking

Chaiyz sidesviewofair2.jpgfront of seahwak.jpg

I have some elbows I harvested from older Scubapro BCDs that looks pretty close. Scubapro tends to not depart much from a successful design. If the hole in the BCD that the plastic inner piece goes through is about 1" (maybe 1/32nd less) with reverse threading, then it should work. This elbow takes a standard 1" corrugated hose. I'm not sure what you mean with the reference3 to a 5/8th inch hose. If you are interested, send my an address.

BTW, from my schematics, all 1997 SP BCDs (Seahawk, Accent, and Propac) took the same elbow fittings. But you may need to look in more Scubapro junk yards. Or maybe they just think you really need a new BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom