Channel Islands / Santa Cruz Help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrowingGills

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just invited on a private boat to the Islands for a little lobstering / diving, and everyone seems pretty clueless on where any dive spots are.

I have been on there on a charts once, and we dove a few spots around Anacapa (mostly inside the reserve... so they are little help for this trip)

Can anyone point me in a good direction for where to dive on the South side of Santa Cruz island? Searching all over I have seen a number of names flashed around, but I have no clue where 'red bluffs' or 'golf ball' really are.

Thanks

Also make sure that the dive spots are not non-harvest areas. Otherwise you'll get a nasty visit from Fish & Game boat.

Thanks fnfalman, I have all the current reg's for MPA closures and the legal stuff down, Thanks MaxBottomTime I have seen that link before and I plan on checking some of those spots out. I figured I would go with as much information as I could get, hopefully there are a few people with some local knowledge they would be willing to share. I don't need exact directions to a honey hole, but I know fast stretches of that island are pretty much just sand bottoms, where other stretches support better terrain, just looking to get pointed in a decent direction.

They'll tell ya, but then they'll have to cut your exhaust hose.... :D

Back
Top Bottom