PNW LDS recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cliffdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All - I too (like so many others!) am now in the market for a drysuit. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I suppose I could shop for one down here, but...

I've friends and family in Seattle and Vancouver, and I'm seriously attracted to the idea of making a nice trip of it: coming on up to the PNW and buying a drysuit and diving it up there.

So, I'm looking for good drysuit-selling LDS recommendations up in your area. Doesn't matter - Tacoma to the Vancouver area - though I've seen posts on this board that recommend buying dry (cheaper!) in Canada :crest:

Thanks! I can't seem to get lucky with the new search functions... I'm sure this info is in the archives...

As you shop around make sure that your number 1 priority is finding a suit that fits you properly. Do some research on how to find a proper fitting suit and ask lots of questions as you shop. If the LDS can't answer your questions to your satisfaction, keep shopping. Fit is everything!

Not sure how much money you can save in Canada with the current exchange rate ... but last time I looked it was still pretty favorable. If you decide on a DUI suit, give Brent Mayall at B.C. Dive Adventures in Vancouver a call for a quote ... you may be able to save some $$. Last time I was in his store his prices were very favorable for the U.S. shopper.

Likewise, for DUI get a price check from Bubbles Below (in Woodinville, WA). I know someone who got a great deal on a CNX from that shop.

The shop I DM for, Northwest Sports Divers, here in the Seattle area sells Northern Diver suits ... it's a great suit at a really good price.

For Mobby's, try Discount Divers in downtown Seattle.

For Andy's and Diving Concepts ... Fifth Dimension in Issaquah. Not sure of their prices, but those are both good quality suits.

For High Tide, which is a really high-quality neoprene suit, try Bubbles Below or ScubaSet in Federal Way (between Seattle and Tacoma).

Again, because it cannot be emphasized enough ... proper fit is the most important consideration when purchasing a drysuit. Brand, price, and type of suit matter, but if the suit doesn't fit you right you won't love it no matter what kind of suit, or what kind of deal you get on it.

Happy shopping ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

High Tide, Definitely High Tide.

Custom fit if you want it to be. Excellent reputation, Excellent Service, Top quality Valves, You can't go wrong...

Julie

Pug, Julie, Grateful - you guys rock! Just the kind of help and info I'm looking for. So, when I finally get a suit and start to dive them there incredible waters you've got up there, you'll all be willing to show me where exactly the best spots to dive are?!

cant go wrong with High Tide........ditto

cliffdiver:
Pug, Julie, Grateful - you guys rock! Just the kind of help and info I'm looking for. So, when I finally get a suit and start to dive them there incredible waters you've got up there, you'll all be willing to show me where exactly the best spots to dive are?!

Let us know when you're coming, and I'm sure you won't lack for dive buddies. One thing about Puget Sounders ... we tend to dive a lot.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Making a nice trip of it. Diving, a new drysuit and the ability to get out of CA for awhile. Sounds great.

Good luck, by the way, Oregon does not have a sales tax.......

cliffdiver:
Hi All - I too (like so many others!) am now in the market for a drysuit. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I suppose I could shop for one down here, but...

I've friends and family in Seattle and Vancouver, and I'm seriously attracted to the idea of making a nice trip of it: coming on up to the PNW and buying a drysuit and diving it up there.

If you find yourself in Vancouver check out Diving Adventures and More in Washougal good prices. That is of course if you are talking about Vancouver, Washington?

-SS

I strongly recommend Scuba Outfitters in Salem, OR. Salem is 1 hour south of Vancouver but well worth the drive. The owner, John Merrill, is a great guy to work with. He is very competitive on pricing and provides outstanding customer service. We are all very fortunate in Salem to have this LDS. I've spent over $6,000 in his shop in the last couple months and he really went out of his way to give me great prices.

I bought a new DUI suit from him and just love it.

Here's a link:
Scuba Outfitters

A little far to drive but you won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom