Watch gurus - I need a replacement braclet for a tudor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My submariner was bought in the late 80's and while I have the watch serviced a time or 2 the bracelet is original. I have been worried for the past few years as the bracelet is getting so worn. Today the watch got caught on something and while it held (actually cut into my wrist) the clasp was damaged. I pushed it back into place with some pliers and went looking for someone to fix it. The jeweler says there is just no way-every link is just simply worn out. He said he might be able to order a replacement from Rolex for a tudor but if he can't he will have to try and fit a Rolex one on...I am thinking this is going to cost more then the watch did originally. Another store told me they could get me a knock off which "is almost as good" for $75 but I am not really prepared to trust that.

So...is there a good replacement or a place for slightly used parts that I might be able to score a deal?

Thanks

Hay I dive my sea dweller pretty regularly with a knock off bracelet and it is fine so far. I saw now reason to damage an $800 bracelet when I could use this one. Cosmetically I can't tell the difference. I've been diving it for 5 yrs or so. Now an alternative is a Zulu watch band. With this band if a pin busts you will keep the watch. I saved my jellyfish using one. Hth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And there are people that fix those bands. They can take the stretch out no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom