Looking for a Dive Buddy - Redondo/PV region

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know this is late, but Im hoping to find someone who would not mind diving with a newish diver tomorrow (Sunday, 10/7).

I say newish because I have around 45 dives but took a couple years off and just recently started again by going through a Dry Suit class.

Ive done 2 pool sessions, it all came right back to me and I had no issues. Learning my new Drysuit was my only challenge.

I need to get some time in with the DS wearing all the underwear and getting my weighting right, which I havent done yet, so Im looking for someone who would mind helping a returning diver. Im just looking to do an easy dive, I have two tanks so I wouldnt mind bring both and doing two dives if that is something you want to do.

Im looking for someone is an experienced diver and is diving a Drysuit. Male or female, doesnt matter, Im open to advice/criticism. And just to calm any worries about diving with a noob, Im a good buddy, I stay close, I follow plans, I go slow.

Even if you cant dive this weekend, if you are willing for other weekends let me know and we can plan something. Thanks!

There is a group at Marineland (Terranea Resort) every Sunday morning. They meet in the public parking lot and usually walk down to check out conditions before suiting up. They are always welcoming new divers.

Thanks for the response! What time do they meet? And although I am familiar with Marineland in general, is there a specific area they meet at? its been a while since I was there.

The group meets at 0800. We check out the conditions, then if it looks ok we dive.
There can be anywhere from 3 or 4 divers up to about 15 or so of us.
New folks are always welcome and paired up with someone. Look and ask for Reverend AL.
There is a de-briefing afterwards, so beer and snacks are always welcome.
When you turn off on Terrenea road going down the hill at the first stop sign make a left into the upper"public parking lot".
They may be an attendant, just say you are going diving.
Have fun and hope to see you out there. I don't make it every Sunday, but there is always a group there.

Thanks Blue Steal, searching around I figured out this is the Dive Vets group and I just joined there. Ill check it out tomorrow.

Do any of the divers with your group use drysuits?

Dash I saw your post on divevets this am. Don't forget to give us a brief trip report on how it was.
Most divers are using wetsuits, but we have a few that use drysuits. Oh and it is mostly a single tank dive with our group as it is a long hike.
Have fun.
Bluesteal

I free dived Marineland for a couple of years before I got certified in 1989. There is a lot to see, especially at Long Point in less than thirty-five feet. It's also a LOT easier to get in and out of the water without scuba gear. If the conditions are OK, there are usually anywhere from 4-20 divers each Sunday morning, plus a few on Saturdays as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom