When is the best time of year to dive Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
We are looking to go on a live aboard in Raja Ampat. When is the best time of year to go for warm water temperature and good visibility?

I'll vote for November through January. That's a generalization. You can expect some variable viz anytime.

We have been there 2x in November and 1x in March. It was fine both times! Highdesert is right about the viz and water temp. I started out all of the trips diving in a polartech fleece and a vest and then moved up to a 3mm. Nothing was ever freezing cold! Have fun!

I am going there mid November. As far as I know RA is pretty much at the equator so temperatures are between 26-29 C all year round. Suggested wetsuit is 3 mm full
Weather wise November-December seems to be the best topside however there are always chances of rain
If you dive a liveaboard you have more chance of avoiding storms, if you are on land you can get lucky or not!

We are looking to go on a live aboard in Raja Ampat. When is the best time of year to go for warm water temperature and good visibility?

I would like to go in March '13 with a live aboard. Which boats are you looking at?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom