Italy diving. (Amalfi Coast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjsess13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone ever dove the Amalfi Coast or Sorrento? I am studying abroad and i am a certified diver. Have about 30 or so dives now, and was wondering what it is like or if anyone recommends a specific shop to go through. Would love to see some info! thanks, happy diving

-Mjsess

Warm water, clear, Mediterranean.
Need I say more?
Depending when you go, might need a good fitting 5mm wetsuit.
Bring your dive log for the love of ScubaGod! (reference to my story in the 'do I need a dive log?' threads.)
You can find several dive shops with a Google search, but make sure you check the conditions before you go there and rent gear - only to find out there's no vis cause a storm just fipped thru!
Everywhere you go, dive. Simple as that.
Then come to Okinawa and never leave.

Has anyone ever dove the Amalfi Coast or Sorrento? I am studying abroad and i am a certified diver. Have about 30 or so dives now, and was wondering what it is like or if anyone recommends a specific shop to go through. Would love to see some info! thanks, happy diving

-Mjsess

Dive the Roman Ruins...

Mjsess,

When I stay in Sorrento or other Amalfi hotels, I try and save a day to dive in Naples.:crafty:

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei or Centro Sub Campi Flegrei

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei is the only dive operator allowed into the Baiae Marine Archeological Site. Everyone hears about Pompeii but few know about the Roman sites that "SANK" into the bay during the Vesuvius eruption.
11.gif

Baiae 1.jpgBaiae 2.jpg

Enjoy your stay in a special part of the world...it is totally awesome there.

Ciao...
04.gif

~Michael~

Feel free to venture up to Rome! If you are feeling adventurous we have a lovely marine park up here! PM me or email me at goflyplanes@gmail.com if you're interested/around and our shop can definitely make it happen!

Back
Top Bottom