Aeris XR-1 NX Nitrox Wrist Top Scuba Dive Diving Computer10.4710

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catcoe

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm brand new to diving. Heading to Maui in 3 weeks to do OW dives for certification. I'm looking at this wrist dive computer. My diving objective is to be a recreational diver preferably in OW. Any feedback on this particular dive computer? Suggestions??? $200 is my max budget. Thank you!

I bought one a month ago and have only used it twice. It seems to do the job for recreational diving. I saw a complaint on line about poor battery life so I picked up a kit, battery and Other ring, so I am ready but too soon for me to need it. I will be interested to see what others say as I had the same budget you do.

My wife's been diving one for three years. At least in her's the battery life is fine, though I proactively change it every year so who knows how long it would actually last.

Functionally it is pretty basic gets the job done. I personally find the single button interface rather irritating but I like fiddling with my toys (that's why my PC has 4 buttons :D ). If you just want something to give you your key info during and after a dive and otherwise leave it alone, then it'll work fine.

The Mares Puck wrist computer can be had for about $175. The Oceanic Veo 180 can also be found for about $200, though that is probably the same computer as the XR1.

I found a big difference between calculations of remaining bottom time between the AerisXR-1NX and the Veo180, on repeditive dives. The Aeris was much more conservative. I would be suprised if they are the same unless ours was malfunctioning.

We quit using the Aeris for this reason, it was too different from other computers we were using.. We get similar results from other computers used by our family - Oceanic Veo180, Geo1,Geo2 and Galileo Luna.

I found a big difference between calculations of remaining bottom time between the AerisXR-1NX and the Veo180, on repeditive dives. The Aeris was much more conservative. I would be suprised if they are the same unless ours was malfunctioning.

We quit using the Aeris for this reason, it was too different from other computers we were using.. We get similar results from other computers used by our family - Oceanic Veo180, Geo1,Geo2 and Galileo Luna.
You are right, I must of been thinking of the Veo 100nx

......Suggestions??? ......
Learn how to use it :wink:

idc_iphone_aeris_xr1nx_w250.png

Alberto (aka eDiver)

purchased the AERIS XR1 NX last month to replace my VEO180 that crapped out. in my view the XR1 is a superior computer, have 20 dives so far as a backup to my AERIS AI, no issues. i also noticed zero difference in bottom time remaining, nitrogen/O2 loading etc between the OCEANIC 180(when it worked!!) and the AERIS AI. ,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Back
Top Bottom