Liveaboards in Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have any reason to prefer Premier Liveaboards, Dive the World, or Grand Komodo for booking a liveaboard in Raja Ampat? Any positives or problems?

I can't comment on the first two, but if the Grand Komodo boats offer the level of comfort and service you're looking for, I'd book directly with them. They're a well established company with a good reputation, and they usually do a good job of holding on to their guides, a plus for a diver.

My buddy and I are in the process of deciding which liveaboard for Raja Ampat in March 2013. The reports for
Grand Komodo liveaboards for years have been consistently good. I've never read a bad one. We are seriously
leaning towards the TemuKira boat, March 18-28. Need two more divers to make the trip go. Care to join us?
Trevor

My buddy and I are in the process of deciding which liveaboard for Raja Ampat in March 2013. The reports for
Grand Komodo liveaboards for years have been consistently good. I've never read a bad one. We are seriously
leaning towards the TemuKira boat, March 18-28. Need two more divers to make the trip go. Care to join us?
Trevor

How are your plans coming along. I'm looking at the same time of year there. I am a bit intimidated by the logistics of just getting there. I've done plenty of trips to the Philippines but I still get uptight and don't relax until I finally get there.

I am a bit intimidated by the logistics of just getting there. I've done plenty of trips to the Philippines but I still get uptight and don't relax until I finally get there.

Your liveaboard company can book your domestic flights. You just need to get to your international hub, which could be Jakarta, Denpasar (Bali), Singapore, not sure what other hubs offer connections to Sorong.

My suggestion ... fly Seattle/Tokyo/Singapore, then on to Manado via SilkAir, and take a few days diving Bunaken, Bangka, or Lembeh (or a combination) before going to Raja Ampat. It allows you to get in the water before RA, unwind, reset your internal clock, and the trip is less daunting, as you have a break in your flights.

Did this senario recently. Stayed at Kasawari-Lembeh Dive Resort diving Lembeh Straight for three days and connected Manado to Sorong to board the Dewi Nusantara. I can't say enough good things about this place. Perfect to get over jet lag, top-notch dive op, great food - just killer muck diving. Very comfortable and they handle transport to and from airport and get you set up for your flight. Get a day room in Singapore airport to get some ZZZS and a shower before your Manado connection.

Reactions: jbb
Did this senario recently. Stayed at Kasawari-Lembeh Dive Resort diving Lembeh Straight for three days and connected Manado to Sorong to board the Dewi Nusantara. I can't say enough good things about this place. Perfect to get over jet lag, top-notch dive op, great food - just killer muck diving. Very comfortable and they handle transport to and from airport and get you set up for your flight. Get a day room in Singapore airport to get some ZZZS and a shower before your Manado connection.

I plan on staying with NAD if this works out. I've actually met the guys that run the place and value their photography expertise.thanks.

Too bad. I've stayed at kasawari too and will be back next fall. It is beautiful and well run. Their house reef is one of the better ones around.

Nothing "too bad" about NAD ... I'd go there again. Simon and Zee, with the help of Serge, run a good operation.

haha.. Allison! Jason means Simon and I.. :p When are the 3 Finch sisters coming back to Indo? I am based in Bali now, so can show you around my neck of the woods :) hopefully with better weather than the last time we did a trip!
Although I don't work at NAD anymore.. I will be there a bunch in 2013. :) Simon and Zee still run it and Serge will be back soon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom