Hollis S25 and Oxycheq 18 wing reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chiung

Contributor
Reaction score
I sold two of my old halcyon pioneer wings that were about 10 years old because a third one cracked the inflator bulkhead fitting. I called H but they said it was RF welded and not fixable. Anyway, realized my wings were old so I sold the other two, kept the busted one and fixed it after a lot of work and aquaseal, it is now a spare.

Bought an Oxy 18 and a Hollis 25. Both well made. The Oxy is small! A little puzzled by the flap of fabric/velcro Oxy uses to cover the inflator hose - kind of flimsy. The Hollis is a bit bigger/wider, mostly in width of the center panel. The Hollis has a traditional loop of fabric that provides some strain relief to the inflator. The big problem with the Hollis is that the cam band slots are spaced at 8" (top of top slots to top of bottom slots) and don't fit any of my plates. Did some calling and the plates that come closest are the HOG and the DR, at a spacing of 7" - I assume the Hollis plate will fit exactly.

So, if you are looking for small single tanks wings, both of these are nice wings. Be aware that the Hollis may not be compatible with your plate with regard to the cam band slots and you may have to use a STA (which I have but don't want to use).

I'm going to take a plasma cutter to my SS plate and add some slots. Don't feel like paying $170 for the Hollis SS plate.

I'm not sure why you would need to drill or burn out a 2 holes on your place as it could get very messy. Why don't you punch out 2 holes on the wing's backbone and reinforce it with some brass rings which you could get at the hardware store?

What kind of plates are you using? I have a Hollis S38 wing and it fits my Apeks plate fine.

I use an S25 with an OMS plate. The slots on the plate are the exact same spacing as Hollis plates and (I assumed) most other plates for that matter. Sounds like yours is an exception. You can get a (non Hollis) SS plate for a lot less than $170.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom