Suunto Quick Disconnect Spool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Normally the spool should be easily removed with your fingers. However, after lots of use that area can get very corroded and the spool can get fixed and often breaks. I often use a pair of pliers to remove it - however I use the non-seratted flats of the pliers so not to damage it. To remove the corrosion you can soak the hose and spool in warm water with a bit of vinegar. (8:1 ratio of water to vinegar). That might help when you try to remove it.

All that said, if you are replacing the hose it is probably time to replace the spool. Further, having an extra spool in you kit is a good idea as I have seen many break.

I should have mentioned The hose is a brand new quick disconnect. I was simply just going to put the quick disconnect on miflex hose. I was able to pull it out with my fingers with a little work and got the miflex hose added. All good now. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom