gopro 3d complete and custom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbilow2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am considering selling my gopro 3d rig. my decision is based on what kind of offers I get. What I have is a gopro 3d housing which has been modified. I had a company called Sartek replace the two stock dome ports with flat optic quality glass. The stock domes are no good for underwater filming because the image is super soft. With the flat glass the image is sharp. The field of view does narrow but it is still quite wide.

I have 2 gopro cameras which capture 1920x1080 at 30fps. This is the only setting which works for 3D as far as I know. Of course, the sync cable comes with the package.

I also have 2 extra batteries and 2 standard gopro housings with the stock domes that work great above water (not below water). I would like to keep one of these, but it is not important that I do. I would like to own one single gopro for shooting surf. So, if by chance you own one gopro HD already we can work something out. The 3d rig fits into an amazingly small pelican case with both cameras and the extra batteries.

The catch to my deal is that I am not in any way desperate to sell and will not give this rig away. All the components together cost me $900 and none are obsolete. They have virtually no wear other than about 30 minutes, mostly testing in Hawaii. The newest gopro cameras do not offer better image quality for 3D. This rig is for someone who wants to capture extremely good 3D with virtually no hassles and a low investment. I am letting it go because I need new lights for my primary rig. Text me at 310 314 2216 if you are interested. I live in LA. My name is Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom