Red Sea & Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anassrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are you interested in scuba diving the Red Sea and touring Egypt, but have found that all of the packages your are finding online including the ones on our website are out of your budget?
No one ever said that traveling to Egypt is cheap, but who says it has to be expensive. The Pyramids and Scuba Diving trip is the highest value trip you will ever find. We have taken out all the bells and whistles from our Dive into the Ancient World trip and created this trip for you.
This trip was first created only for groups of ten or more, but we have just made a decision to have it open to anyone.
On this trip you will log over 22 dives on some of the best dive sites in the Red Sea on board one of our finest liveaboards.
That’s not all; you will spend 2 days in Luxor at a 3 star hotel touring the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
To top it all off you will finish your trip in the bustling city of Cairo and Giza visiting the Great Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum and many of the old markets including Khan El Khalili. You will also visit Islamic Cairo and see the Citadel of Salah El Din. While in Cairo you will be staying in a 3 star hotel in Giza not far away from the Pyramids.
Like all of our other trips all these tours will be done in private buses with an experienced Egyptologist. Also on our liveaboards we have some of the best dive masters and instructors in all of Egypt.
Now here is the exciting part.By removing some of the luxury extras out of our Dive into the Ancient World trip we have made this trip more affordable than ever. The cost of this trip including all your flights will end up less than $275 per day.This is what we mean by a truly high value trip!
Don’t leave a trip like this too long on your bucket list. With the rising cost of everything it is very difficult to guarantee a trip like this at this price for long.
Trip Highlights:

• 7 Day Liveaboard: 25 dives in the best dive sites in the Red Sea
  • 2 Days in Cairo visiting the Egyptian Museum, Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Citadel of Saladin, Old Cairo and Khan El Khalili
  • 2 Days Touring Luxor
For more info visit: Atlantic Adventure Divers - Pyramids & Scuba Diving in Egypt on a Budget

I had a great time on my trip. Ahmed knew I wanted to do lots of SCUBA diving, so he personally organized two weeks of diving for me: one week on the South Moon liveaboard in Sharm El Sheikh and one week at the Nesima Resort in Dahab. I also asked to have a couple days in Cairo when I arrived to see some of the main attractions in Egypt. Overall, this trip was epic and I would definitely recommend a Red Sea trip with Atlantic Adventure Divers. My time in Cairo was amazing. I had a dinner on the Nile and got to see some Egyptian dancers and highly decorated boats. I saw the Egyptian Museum which was full on highlights from Tutankhamun and other Ancient Egyptian relics. Then I saw the Pyramids at Giza. I was in a state of “awe” the entire time at the Pyramids, since they were so large and beautiful. I had a short camel ride in the desert which resulted in amazing photos. In Cairo, I felt safe and my tour guide and drivers were amazing. The South Moon liveaboard felt like home. The food and crew were great. The crew was especially helpful in getting me back into the Zodiac since I had a previous wrist injury. My dive guide Sameh was very knowledgeable. I had a lot of questions about the coral reef sea life as a marine biologist and he was able to answer these questions! The dives sites around Ras Mohamed were my favorite because you tended to see more species and numbers of fish. The Thistlegorm wreck was really cool and it was the location that I saw my first sea turtle, then I saw another three turtles at other dive sites! The diving in Dahab was amazing. The Nesima Resort staff and the Dive Centre was really friendly and the resort was very comfortable, especially by the pool. My dive guide Eslam was really fun. We were taking pictures with my underwater camera at the Blue Hole and The Canyon, two famous dive sites. I saw an eagle ray and three large Napoleon wrasses on my boat dives at Ras Abu Galum. The Cave dive site was also pretty cool since you could see some shy species near the caves like pipefishes and nudibranchs. I ended up taking over 1000 photos in the Red Sea of tropical fish during my trip.

"One of the best vacation I've ever had"

My diving buddy and I went for a Red Sea diving/Cairo visit trip arranged by Atlantic Adventures Divers during the Thanksgiving period. The live-a-board Emperor Fleet is awesome. I never had briefings being done in the lounge area where they used computer/Tv to show the most detailed screen photo of each dive site. Food are good, staffs and DM are very friendly and helpful. After the diving, we went to Cairo to visit the Ancient Pyramids, Sphinx, Cairo Museum, Citedel.... also ride the camel in the desert. The local guides are excelllent. All our requests are met. During our stay in Cairo, we did't see any demonstrations at all, the whole city is very quiet and peaceful. We felt very safe and wonder why people are so afraid to go to visit such a wonderful city. Thanks again. We are thinking of going back again the see the southern part of Red Sea.

Maybe we don't feel safe there because we took the time to read the Koran and the Hadith and prefer to not be murdered by believers?

I just wanted to recommend Ahmed on this thread! He organized a different trip for us than the one listed here, but I'm sure it would be a similar recommendation if we had done the Red Sea trip instead.

Ahmed at Atlantic Adventure Diving booked two trips for myself and two of my friends. One was a 5-day hike/climb up the Machame route of Mount Kilimanjaro, and the other was a 4-day safari, both in Tanzania, Africa. I am VERY glad that I chose Ahmed to organize this trip! I did not personally have lots of time to research the trip, but I didn't have to worry.

Ahmed planned everything, down to the precise details of organizing cab drivers to get us from our hotel to the airport (we were all leaving at different times) as well as recommending restaurants and activities in Arusha in the free day that we had between the hike and the safari.

We saw other tour groups having to turn around on the last day before they made it to the summit. This could have been for a variety of different factors (perhaps we acclimatized better, etc.) but I must say that we would NOT have been able to reach the summit if it weren't for our encouraging and determined guides! They were even happily singing at altitudes of 5000m+ ... pretty crazy, but very motivating!

We also saw all the animals we could have hoped for during the safari, and had a great guide there too. Food was fantastic throughout! I highly recommend Ahmed Nassrat as well as Atlantic Adventure Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom