Wakatobi Trip Report 23 September through 6 October 2012 Part 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseal1tx

Registered
Reaction score
1278 miles NW of GCM; 4697 E of Midway Islands; 1
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have included just a few of the 3358 photos I took while I was at WDR. I use a Canon SD870IS PowerShot Point-and-Shoot camera with a Canon underwater housing. I do not use the built-in flash on the camera or any external flash. The SD870 has a programmable button that allows me to reset the Manual White Balance as often as I want. I reset the Manual White Balance every 5 feet as I descend or if I see the lighting change.

Nursery.jpgNudibranch Chromodoris.jpgNudibranch.jpgLong Nose Hawkfish.jpgLeaf Scorpionfish.jpgGiant Moray 2.jpgGiant Moray.jpgGiant Claim.jpgFried Egg Nudibranch.jpgCuttlefish.jpgCrocodilefish.jpgClownfish.jpgAnemonefish Natural Color.jpgAnemonefish.jpgAnemone waving in current.jpg

Excellent trip report - all three posts and the pictures are spectacular. Looking forward to an upcoming trip there and excited that it sounds like everything we've been promised is for real!

We overlapped at Wakatobi and I can certainly support all of the positive comments. Full moon with its higher tides and currents was September 29th; currents were somewhat less the next week. I started in a 3 mil and switched to a 5 mil during the first week; a couple of others dove in skins.

Back
Top Bottom