Mares pegasus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diddoit

Registered
Reaction score
I bought this BC and really liked it..........then I read the manual and it says using it with nitrox will void the warranty and may cause failure? Anyone use this BC with nitrox? If you do have you had any issues and how many dives have you done with it.
Thanks

It seriously says this? If so take it back and buy a Back Plate and Wing. Or a couple clorox bottles with one way valves you can work manually. That would be better than a BC that can't be used with nitrox.

That is one of the stupidest things I have heard of on a warranty. I would get on the phone with the shop that sold you that and ask them if it's some kind of joke.

Any BC can be used with recreational nitrox mixes. As can any regulator. Some shops try to say you need a nitrox cleaning on regs and maybe even BC's to use them with nitrox mixes up to 40%.

They do this for one reason. They are greedy and think the buyer is stupid.

If using nitrox with that BC will void the warranty and may cause failure I wouldn't use it for decoration, let alone diving. I'm sure it's some kind of screw up. You should post this question in the MARES forum and see what they say.

Manufacturer has replied........the manual that came with the bc was 10 years old !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom