sony dsc-w90 in ikelite#6114.90 housing - light leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swim deep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I get a little crescent shaped flare, in the upper part of many pictures. Ikelite sent me a thin rubber ring thing to put in the housing to block this, but I still seem to be getting some flash in the lens. Someone told me about using electrical tape to mask it, but I haven't been so good at making that work so far. Does anyone have advice, and understand what I'm talking about?

swim deep,

The advice you have received to eliminate the flare or "ghosting" is good. The object is to eliminate all camera flash light from entering between the lens and port opening. It may be best to send the housing to the Ikelite Service Department so we can duplicate the problem and effect a solution. You can send to:

Please send your housing along with a brief letter of explanation or this thread, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Back
Top Bottom