Maldives... daytrips, short liveaboard for sea sickness prone person in December!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urchin79

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to maybe visit the Maldives in first couple of weeks of December (other option is Thailands Similans). I'll be staying somewhere overnights in South Male Atol and looking for daytrips, mostly North Atol. I get seasick so daytrips seem more appealing although I guess liveaboards are bigger boats but then I have no option of escape! I'm AOW and only have short time so want to make the most of time there.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated, i'm in a real rush to book something!

Thanks,
Ali

There are the traditional resort options which offer daily afternoon single dives which minimise travel time on the boat. Most afternoon dives tend to be fairly short (20-25min) drive times.

Local hotels (on inhabited islands) is a new trend in the Maldives with cheaper accomodation options. Some local islands will offer diving services- some may out-source to the resorts so you need a transfer to the resort before getting on their boat.

If you're staying in the South Male, it'd make more sense to dive locally as opposed to trying to dive N Male. Other than by an expensive speedboat option, drive time by dhoni would be fairly long and as you're prone to seasickness, I don't think you'd enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom