Subsurface 2.1 divelog has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess this fits into the "Computers" section.

Subsurface 2.1 has been released

Subsurface is an open source divelog program.

Screenshot-Subsurface-2.1.jpg
Subsurface supports Linux, Windows and MacOS and allows data import from most current dive computers and several existing divelog programs. It provides advanced visualization of the key information provided by a modern dive computer and allows the user to track a wide variety of data about their diving.

Subsurface is able to track multi-tank dives with air, Nitrox or TriMix, weights and exposure protection used, dive masters and dive buddies and allows the user to rate dives and provide additional dive notes. It calculates a wide variety of statistics of the user’s diving and calculates and tracks information like SAC rate or OTU.

Subsurface allows the user to print out a detailed log book including dive profiles and other relevant information. The program is localized in about a dozen languages and well supported by an active developer community. In fall of 2012 Dirk Hohndel has taken over as Subsurface maintainer.

The latest version is Subsurface 2.1, released in October of 2012.

License: GPLv2

Here are some of the highlights of what changed since Subsurface 1.2:

• Localization into more than ten languages
• Dives can be grouped by dive trips (both automatically and manually)
• Tracking of weight systems, exposure suit
• Improved import from other divelog programs
• Improved editing of existing dives
• Improved statistics functionality
• Better file handling, introduction of a default file (useful for starting Subsurface from the desktop)
• Significantly improved Windows and Mac binary packages
• Improved handling of shorter apnea dives
• Lots of bug fixes, stability improvements
• Beginnings of end user documentation (needs to be extended a lot, I think, but it’s a great start)
• Update to libdivecomputer 0.2 with a long list of supported dive computers
• Direct download from Uemis dive computers

Binaries for Windows and Mac on our Downloads page and packages for various Linux distributions are under way. And of course it’s quite easy to build Subsurface from source – check the build page on the website for details.

This looks like it may be a reasonable dive log software option. I'd like to give it a try but am unable to connect my Cobalt computer to import the dive info. I am on Windows 7 and using the Atomics supplied driver. Has anyone been able to connect a Cobalt to this program?

Subsurface is now on version 3.0.2. I recommend folks try it out if you are frustrated with your current software. Linus Torvalds started this...more respect for him now I know he is a diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom