Replacement strap for Suunto Stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philiprporter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just purchased a second hand Sunnto Stinger which is in good condition, but it does need a new strap. I cant find an 'official' Suunto replacement strap (stainless, elastomer or titanium) anywhere and so wondered if anyone could suggest a suitable strap to buy? The lugs are 22mm and my preference is either for a heavy duty rubber strap or a decent stainless steel, locking clasp bracelet.

Many thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Visit an AquaLung dealer. Straps for all Suunto computers are listed in parts manual AL dealers all have. I have ordered Suunto straps for my customers, and getting them is no problem.

Visit an AquaLung dealer. Straps for all Suunto computers are listed in parts manual AL dealers all have. I have ordered Suunto straps for my customers, and getting them is no problem.

Many thanks for this - have tried dealers here in the UK and no joy - I cant get an official Sunnto Stinger stainless strap from any of them - even called Suunto directly in Finland who referred me to the UK distributor who tell me that they have no stainless steel Stinger straps anywhere and I am not the only one looking for one! Elastomer strap is possible (a few of those knocking about - but I dont like them - too puny, unless you like wearing the computer loose, which I dont) but when it comes to stainless I can only get a strap for a D6 or D9.

So, I guess the original question still stands - whats the best non-Suunto replacement strap (heavy duty rubber or stainless) for a Stinger?

Thanks, Phil.

Many thanks for this - have tried dealers here in the UK and no joy - I cant get an official Sunnto Stinger stainless strap from any of them - even called Suunto directly in Finland who referred me to the UK distributor who tell me that they have no stainless steel Stinger straps anywhere and I am not the only one looking for one! Elastomer strap is possible (a few of those knocking about - but I dont like them - too puny, unless you like wearing the computer loose, which I dont) but when it comes to stainless I can only get a strap for a D6 or D9.

So, I guess the original question still stands - whats the best non-Suunto replacement strap (heavy duty rubber or stainless) for a Stinger?

Thanks, Phil.

Your best bet is to simply buy a NATO style strap. They come in all colors and in 3/4" and 1" widths. Probably 3/4" will be the right size for your Stinger. Waterborne is an australian company that makes the best NATO style straps.

As Arturo above has already mentioned, get a Waterborne or Zulu. I've used Waterbornes for many years and like the redundancy they provide, losing an expensive watch or computer would make me cry. Hers a You Tube video of one.

WATERBORNE STRAP REVIEW - YouTube

After watching that video I'm thinking that a velcro strap with a buckle might be a viable solution as well.

As Arturo above has already mentioned, get a Waterborne or Zulu. I've used Waterbornes for many years and like the redundancy they provide, losing an expensive watch or computer would make me cry. Hers a You Tube video of one.

WATERBORNE STRAP REVIEW - YouTube

I bought a Waterborne Strap for mine. Love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom