Avalon Weather Thurs - Sun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jayaspock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone seen an updated weather report for Avalon for the next few days. We were scheduled to go over tomorrow morning and moor in Avalon til Sunday but it looks like the Santa Ana winds are kicking up. Has anyone heard whether or not it is going to be bad in Avalon?

I had heard a warming trend was approaching but don't know if that will be due to a Santa Ana or not. I hope not as I plan a fair bit of diving this weekend.

Yesterday the wind was blowing out of the north causing wind waves to break on the dive park stairs. I canceled my dives, but only because the target I planned to film would have been impossible under those conditions. There were a few other divers at the park. Looking out from my window today I see no obvious signs of the high winds that had been forecast for today (reportedly dying out this evening). Hopefully that will hold.

Yesterday the wind was blowing out of the north causing wind waves to break on the dive park stairs. I canceled my dives, but only because the target I planned to film would have been impossible under those conditions. There were a few other divers at the park. Looking out from my window today I see no obvious signs of the high winds that had been forecast for today (reportedly dying out this evening). Hopefully that will hold.
Thanks Dr. Bill. Unfortunately the group we were going with decided not to risk it so maybe some shore dives at Palos Verdes tomorrow.

Too bad. Yesterday was fine (I did four dives with warm sunshine topside and little wind). Updated forecast I've heard was for a calm weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom