Dive Rite QB's, weight size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cannon fodder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have a non integrated BCD and had problems with my weight belt slipping. Some of the people on the boat suggested suspenders, so I got a pair. The suspenders make the "quick release" on the belt into more of a "release is possible if you work at it". I see that Dive Rite has some pouches AC3232 and AC3216 pouches that would convert the belt and suspenders into a weight integrated harness. My question is what are the dimensions of the weight inserts? The AC3232 is 6 inches wide, how do two 8 pound weights that are 3.5 to 4 inches wide fit into it? Any body have any experience with these? Will I be able to put 20 to 30 pounds of weight into them and have them fit into the weight pockets?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your post. The pocket lying flat is 6 inches wide, but of course there is also depth and soft weights also have depth (can be squished to be narrower but fatter), so you can get four, 4-lb weights into each pocket of the AC3232. Does that make sense?

The AC3216 can handle two 4lb weights, stacked on top of each other at the ends in each pocket. These pockets handle 16lbs TOTAL MAX weight, so probably aren't what you are looking for.

You might also take a look at AC3300 Gravity Weight Pocket which is a bit easier to maneuver in the water.

I hope this helps,
Kathleen

Thanks Kathleen,

I see, two smaller weights stacked on top of each other. I will have to go down to the shop and take a look at the options, the gravity pockets also look interesting.

Derek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom