Edd Sorenson achievement award

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Carlisle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all. Some of you are aware of from what we posted on CDF but because some of you arent I wanted to post it here. I am part of a new conservation group dedictaed to the protection of our natural water resources. I will post our mission statement below after this but as part of the Aquatic Science Association we have decided to have an annual award to be named after Edd. Edd will be the first to recieve this award and ceremonies will be January 19th in Marianna. There will also be several other possible awards given to Edd.

As all this is coming together, there may be a medal from the Coast Gaurd, a pavillion at Jackson Blue named after him and several mosr things in the works. Anyone interested in donating to the cause should get up with myself or Steve Cushman for more details. We can be reached at steve@caveconnections.com and kvcarl@aol.com . This is a surprise so dont tell Edd. The entire BOD for ASA cant thank you enough for the generous support so far. Lets keep it up and we look forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

Mission Statement

The ASA is organized, and shall be operated, exclusively for educational, scientific and charitable purposes as a non profit corporation. More specifically, the mission of ASA is to acquire land through acquisitions and stewardship programs to be held in public trust for conservation and protection of natural resources. With the managed lands we are able to conduct extensive scientific research and exploration to further the knowledge of our staff to provide direct community support with educational programs and conservation initiatives. The ASA possesses and may exercise all lawful corporate powers necessary and convenient for promoting these missions, purposes, goals and objectives of the organization, including public education, conservation, exploration, scientific research and the acquisition of land for conservation and protection of all karst and aquatic features including but not limited to lakes, ponds, rivers, creeks, springs, sinks, sloughs, caves, aquifers and oceans and connecting marsh lands.

Mission Statement

The ASA is organized, and shall be operated, exclusively for educational, scientific and charitable purposes as a non profit corporation. More specifically, the mission of ASA is to acquire land through acquisitions and stewardship programs to be held in public trust for conservation and protection of natural resources. With the managed lands we are able to conduct extensive scientific research and exploration to further the knowledge of our staff to provide direct community support with educational programs and conservation initiatives. The ASA possesses and may exercise all lawful corporate powers necessary and convenient for promoting these missions, purposes, goals and objectives of the organization, including public education, conservation, exploration, scientific research and the acquisition of land for conservation and protection of all karst and aquatic features including but not limited to lakes, ponds, rivers, creeks, springs, sinks, sloughs, caves, aquifers and oceans and connecting marsh lands.

Fixed that for you!

(Now I can read it). :chuckle: I'm in!

Make sure you keep your receipts as the organization has applied for 503 status.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom