Seaquest balance and Zeagle Ranger ?'s between the two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bullcrew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
first off this is my first post and ive been through this forum pretty heavily reading on other items so thanks in advance guys and look forward to diving again.:coffee:

its been 10 years since i dove last always rented gear but came across a couple of really good deals due to economy and tired of trying to net lobster so im diving again...lol i kind of a weird reason to start again but ill spear fish as well as adventure around....

so anywase to my title, i grabbed a seaquest bcd (couple years old) perfect shape less than 10 dives, its been checked out and ok'd by lds.
grabbed a zeagle ranger with 1 dive on it this morning less than 10 months old.

between the 2 units what would be the pros and cons of each and i did a quick product search after grabbing them but didnt do alot of comparisons to anything else...

is 1 better than the other
is 1 more reliable

I have a Balance and am happy with it... but... if you have already snagged both, why not just try both and decide which one YOU like better?

I have a Balance and am happy with it... but... if you have already snagged both, why not just try both and decide which one YOU like better?
i agree i was just wondering if theres a hangup with either that would make it worth dumping 1.

heck dive equiptment has changed quite a bit since i dove last, more techy and modern...i was just curious ive seen a bunch of "vs" threads on other stuff just not these 2 together...

general rule of thumb is threads over 11 years old are a bit too old to consider reliable or relevant to current stuff. i could be wrong but id prefer more up to date feedback and comparisons.

btw i read that one but and like the feedback but being that old i was concerned it was a little outdated...maybe not but in dh/fr mtb i know stuff looks similair but theres been major changes and safety as we grow in the sport.

I didn't realize it was that old lol. The thing is few pp actually have both as the balance and ranger are rather good bcds so most will happily settle with one or the either.

Perhaps the best person to do a side by side comparison is... you :)

The early Balance might have early less dependable weight pocket locks, corrected later on so they do not fall out automatically when doing a giant stride.
Both are great models, barring something being broken befor you got it, the weak link on either is the safety concerns of using a 10-15 year old power inflator. I would automatically replace the power inflators.
The Zeagle BX inflator is a thing of beauty! A new one might fit the Seaquest as well.

I have both and noticed two things
1. Balance has very little pocket space ,Zeagle has several to use
2. When on my side diving a wall the Zeagle seems to like that position better than the Balance .
Both are great quality and both are very useable.

Cheers

thats good to know, the balance is around 3 years old and the ranger is less than 10 months old so not real old...

yeah i was looking at pockets and layouts i like the access to atleast one pocket but like the idea that they both sit a littler more on the side vs front so i have better mobility.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom