December/January Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goflyplanes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, here's the situation. I was born and raised and got my first cert in lovely Southern California. Havent been diving there in uhmmm almost 11 years at this point. I'll be back in December and January to do an open water course and a couple fun dives with the family. I'm trying to figure out where I want to go. Catalina? Head up to Monterey maybe (yes I know that's not socal)? Possibly San Diego? Honestly I have no idea what the vis, temp, etc is like in CA anymore so any advice, questions, comments are welcome.

Last December/January were some of the best conditions we had in a year around Palos Verdes.

Catalina.jpg

Terranea2.jpg

Dolphins3.jpg

NeptuneCove9.jpg

NeptuneCove14.jpg

If you get in some dives between Winter storms you will get some of the best diving SoCal has to offer. Cold water upwellings bring clear water closer to the surface. When we go weeks without a storm we tend to forget the algal blooms of Spring and Summer.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom