Diving center in Maafushi, Guraidhoo or Thulusdhoo (South or N Male atoll)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finn82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I found reasonable priced guest houses from the local islands mentioned in the title. I failed to find any diving centres on these islands. Are there any? I have already contacted some guest houses to get information but so far no answers. If there are no diving centres on local islands maybe we can join to some groups of resort owned dive centres? Because we try to manage with low budget we want to go to some local island which is accessible by local ferry. Good quality diving and snorkling are important for us but we rather do daytrips than liveaboards. However 3-5 day budget category liveaboard could be possible...

We will spend 11 days somewhere in Maldives next February so we would be happy to hear any tips you might have regarding diving or snorkling. At the moment North Male atoll looks good option for us.
Thanks!
J&L, Finland

Hello!

I don't know for Guraidhoo or Thulusdhoo, but I'm pretty sure that there is no dive centre on Maasfushi Island.
I think they do daily transfer to resort islands nearby if some guests want to go diving or snorkeling... try to find prices on internet, as depending of the resort, the excursions can become really expensive.

Enjoy and safe diving!

Finally, I just found that: Guraidhoo Corner (South Male Atoll) - Guest house Reviews - TripAdvisor

Last edited:
So, finally I discover that there is a dive centre in Maafushi Island it's called "Maafushi Dive"...

So, finally I discover that there is a dive centre in Maafushi Island it's called "Maafushi Dive"...
Hi can you please send me a review of the Maafusshi dive center if went with them. I am planning to go Maldive late Januari along with other Non divers and Divers. We are going to stay 5 days on Maldive and 4 of us who dive is planning to take 1 day diving at Maafushi dive. We will be staying at Kaani Beach Hotel Maafushi - Kaani Beach Hotel , we booked by Agoda. We are budget travelers :). I understand that Kaani beach hotel has dive center, we try to contact the hotel and asked them regarding their dive center and their dive spots but we got no replay. We got the quote of 4 dives for 285 USD from the hotel. I just hope that's excluding the dive check.

Any suggestion on dive spot around Maafushi or good dive spot for 1 day diving that can be reachable from Maafushi island? I heard that most of the dive spot in maldive are drift diving. Any good diving spot to go to?

Hello!
I never been in Maafushi, neither I dived with them, or in this area.
I worked in South and North Ari atoll, and now Laamu atoll.

The dive centre has a facebook page, maybe you could try to contact them like that.

hi
we will stay in Yellow Rehendhi inn Maafushi , between 13-21 February. We are also looking for diving center if you have any information please share with us.
we will do the same. :)
greetings from Istanbul

Kemal

Kaani Beach Hotel in Maafushi has one of the best dive centers 'Maldives Passions Dive School'. I highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom