Bcc help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok so I have just done my first pool dive with doubles. Damn those are heavy. I haven't bought any gear yet trying several different rigs. My question should I go back plate and wing or a sidemount back plate or just a back inflate bcd. I'm not Impressed with a jacket style. I've used the other 3 several times and I like them. Which one gives the most flexibility. And give some examples of each please.

what kind of diving are you planning to do, and where? why are you thinking about doubles so early in your diving career? not that it's bad, necessarily, but your answers will help guide *our* answers.

wasn't realy planning on diving doubles, it just happened. I went for rec side mount. extended bottom time was my intent for diving side mount. mostly wreck diving.

Sm and bm gear is rather different and won't mix/match well, if you are going to do sm more often and wreck then I would suggest you get a dedicated sm rig. If however, you are still undecided and would prefer something that allows bm doubles, singles and for travel purposes, a bp/w is hard to go wrong.

It really depends on which route interest you more.

Prolly wont be diving bm doubles. Not much interest in tech. But sm is some thing that more interested. If that answers it.

ok, so not much interest in tech or backmount doubles. are you actually interested in diving with two tanks? or are you asking about ways to decrease your gas usage? because unless you're planning on singles, which is certainly what i'd suggest for the next 100 dives or so, you're left with only sidemount.

Well, it seems to me you have answered your own question. Back Mount is out so it's either a larger single on your back or side mount doubles to increase your bottom time. But with a lot of wrecks being fairly deep, over 100', I would think you are going to run out of NDL before you run out of gas with a larger cylinder on your back. And with side mount I'll bet your are going to run out of NDL for sure. So time management becomes the real issue here unless your running a high SCR and that's why you want the extra gas. And that would will improve with time and practice. Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom