Mares back inflate BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I've been using jacket style bcd for years, I notice that "back inflate bcd" become famous these days....but they are not backplate wing style bcd. I went to a dive shop yesterday and there is an expensive jacket style bcd called "Mares hybrid pro tec, with this price I think it's very expensive for recreational diving... so I search on the internet and found a 2012 new back inflate bcd from Mares, you can check the youtube link below, what do you guys think?:D

Latest Mares Back Inflate - Hybrid Pure - YouTube

Yes, it's another expensive pos from the company that brought you the HUB.. Hopelessly useless bag lol!

Yes, it's another expensive pos from the company that brought you the HUB.. Hopelessly useless bag lol!
Yes, haha, will see the price when it comes out

I have used both back inflate and jacket style bcd's, and while each has its positive points, I have come to prefer the jacket style for trim and body position control. I have about 300 plus dive in each in a variety of conditions, and prefer the jacket style for the reasons stated.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom