Which destination next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bladephotog

Contributor
Reaction score
So you've hit all the big dive destinations in the Great Lakes, Tobermory, Straits, Munising, Whitefish, Thunder Bay, Kingston, etc, etc. to name a few. What's the one dive destination in the GL that'd you'd hit next, excluding Isle Royale(which I only exclude since it's a liveaboard)?

I'm looking for ideas for next year. All of the above sites are awesome for a reason and I plan to return to all of them. But I'm looking for ideas. Any unsung heroes of GL wreck diving locations. They don't have to be preserves, just locations with great wrecks. Specifically looking for non-tech locations.

Thanks,

Andy

St. Lawrence? I didn't see that on your "done that" list. I LOVED diving the St. Lawrence!!

So you've hit all the big dive destinations in the Great Lakes, Tobermory, Straits, Munising, Whitefish, Thunder Bay, Kingston, etc, etc. to name a few. What's the one dive destination in the GL that'd you'd hit next, excluding Isle Royale(which I only exclude since it's a liveaboard)?

I'm looking for ideas for next year. All of the above sites are awesome for a reason and I plan to return to all of them. But I'm looking for ideas. Any unsung heroes of GL wreck diving locations. They don't have to be preserves, just locations with great wrecks. Specifically looking for non-tech locations.

Thanks,

Andy

Sanilac Michigan, Alpena Michigan, Milwaukee, Chicago and Pelee Island area

Duluth, MN.

Don't bother with the SP Ely, it has been mostly covered by a break wall.

However, The Madeira is a great wreck. Accessible by shore with a 150' surface swim. Bow and Stern are separated, essentially making two dive sites.

Wrecks along the "south shore of Eastern Lake Erie" (NE Penn/Barcelona, NY). Osprey Charters hits a bunch there.

I'd just go back to Toby :)

Bob

I agree with the previous suggestions of South Eastern Erie and the St. Lawrence. Make sure St. Lawrence is later in the season so you get the warm water running off the top of Lake Ontario.

Paula

Does the St. Clair River near the bridge count as Great Lakes? Huron is right there! Sure makes for interesting diving to say the least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom