Feb. 9, 2013 - Celebrate.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As some of you know, I will hit another age-milestone in my life: the big "70". I know I am very blessed to be able to dive as much as I do at this age. My current GLWC dive buddies (the Posse) are my 3rd generation of divers and I can't say enough how much I appreciate you all. Despite age difference, you accept me as one of your own. That being said, I want to celebrate by doing a dive on that day, and I would like any of you that can do it with me to be there. It just so happens that my B-day falls on a Sat. this your; Feb. 9, 2013. I talked to Mike at Gilboa and he said that Todd could open up for me on that day. I realize that everything hinges on the weather and ice conditions; but nonetheless, if you would like to be there, pencil it in on your calendar. More than likely, we won't know if this can be pulled off until the day before, Feb. 8. My plans are to do a dive and maybe eat a little cake or something in the office. I hope this can happen. :D

If the weather cooperates and the event is a go, I'll be there!

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:49 AM ----------

I'm there! If there is ice, I could prolly put together an ice diving class that we could do checkout dives then!

You know how much Denny likes to collect cards.

If the weather cooperates and the event is a go, I'll be there!

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:49 AM ----------

You know how much Denny likes to collect cards.

Now wait a minute!...Does that mean I CAN'T ice dive unless I get a CARD??? My world seems to be falling apart before my eyes........ Regulate, Regulate, Regulate!! Can't I be "grandfathered" in or something?

You could easily teach it Denny!

I COULD do that, Mike. :) Ice diving trivia question: What extra added safety measure can be done if there is snow on the ice? Dang! did I just hijack my own thread?? :-O

I COULD do that, Mike. :) Ice diving trivia question: What extra added safety measure can be done if there is snow on the ice? Dang! did I just hijack my own thread?? :-O

a. shovel "arrows" leading back to the hole.

b: build a snowman and out fit him with a bc and tank and use him as a safety diver

c: melt the snow and use the warm water for the wet suit divers

Denny. I don't usually hang with the GLWC but would love to come celebrate your longevity :)

Denny. I don't usually hang with the GLWC but would love to come celebrate your longevity :)
That's 'cause you're an elitist snob :wink:

That's 'cause you're an elitist snob :wink:

Lol. The trips usually just don't jive with my calendar. If someone would plan around my busy social schedule I'd be sure to join :)

Back
Top Bottom