Going on first dive to Anacapa on Nov 23th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmanzoor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I am from Norcal, and will be diving in So Cal for the first time. I am diving Anacapa with Peace Boat. What should I expect? Any suggestions are welcome.
If anyone else on the board planning to dive on Nov 23 with Peace boat, please let me know? It will be great to 'meet' some folks here before the dive :blinking:
J

Expect a great crew and great food! Not sure what specific questions you may have. The Peace runs pretty much like all our boats down here except it's at the top quality wise. Bunks should be first come first served. Unless it's a very light load don't take a double bunk if you are a single. You can stay on the boat the night before if you want otherwise arrive no later than 6:30 AM, the boat leaves at 7 AM prompt. Store your large gear bag on the sides or bow not under your tank. Come with a full tank. They do fill Nitrox if you want it. Bring your own weights and all other gear unless you make prior arrangements with the Peace. I suspect that trip to Anacapa will be mostly shallow dives. They will probably try to do at least one dive near sea lions. There will not be a DM in the water, all divers are on their own with their buddy or solo. Probably back at the dock between 5 - 5:30 PM. If you have any specific questions ask away.

Last edited:
Thanks for your detailed reply. We are still 2 people short for the minimum needed for the trip. I hope two more people sign up :(

Thanks for your detailed reply. We are still 2 people short for the minimum needed for the trip. I hope two more people sign up :(

I'll probably end up going on that day - I wouldn't worry about the minimum being met. Rex is right; the food and crew is great and they'll put you on the best spot possible.

w.

I'll be scooter diving on this trip and look forward to meeting you there!

There is no better way to celebrate the day after Thanksgiving than by going diving. :)

If you're planning on driving to the Peace the night before from the LA area, be aware that the Camarillo Outlets open Thursday night, between 9pm and Midnight for the shopping frenzy to begin. Traffic can get very congested on the freeway right there. It's not impossible, but it'll be irritating if you're not expecting it.

See you on the Peace!

~~~~
Claudette

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
--Albert Einstein

Hi Claudette,
Thanks for the traffic advisory. I will be staying at a hotel in Ventura and driving over in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom