SoCal (LAX) accidental tourist looking for Channel Islands dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetCell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello folks,

I will be in LA on November 30th and was hoping for a dive on Saturday (12/1) or Sunday (12/2) or both. Preferably the Channel Islands. I have quite a few Monterrey & Catalina dives under my belt, so the chilly waters of the Pacific don't phase me, even though I'm a Texan :gun:

HR

I looked at that dive, but the details are a bit vague. Have you been on it? Could you tell me more about it?

One problem I have is that I will need to rent weights and a wetsuit. That generally was not a problem when I was diving Monterey and Catalina as a dive shop was "connected" to the dive.

Thanks in advance for the help! Diving the generally murky (but warm!) waters of Texas is great, but I really enjoy the chance to do CA when I get the chance.

Hey there this is Divemaster Jules at www.sundiver.net, give me a call 1 800 555 9446 and i can set you up for Dec 2nd if you like and we have full rentals too :)

I looked at that dive, but the details are a bit vague. Have you been on it? Could you tell me more about it?

One problem I have is that I will need to rent weights and a wetsuit. That generally was not a problem when I was diving Monterey and Catalina as a dive shop was "connected" to the dive.

Thanks in advance for the help! Diving the generally murky (but warm!) waters of Texas is great, but I really enjoy the chance to do CA when I get the chance.

The Peace is a great boat, I've been on it lots of time. Sometimes they run the trip themselves (open boat) and sometimes like this trip it is chartered to a dive group. There is really not much diffrence between the actual trips, they are great either way. Contact the Peace and ask about weights and a suit. I think they can hook you up.

Hey,

Welcome to California. Not sure what your schedule is for that weekend if you want to be on a 2 day trip or just day/night trips. Let me know. www.thegoby.net, info@thegoby.net. I can hook you up with rental gear and guided tours if you would like.

I'm with you on the 1st Adam--pay no attention to my earlier posts
04.gif

Still working the trip out there details...

Back
Top Bottom