Android deco apps - VPlanner vs Multideco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDevil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had VPlanner on my desktop for many years and figured that now I have joined the technological age of smartphones (Galaxy SII) I should probably put a deco app on my phone.

Logically I figured I may as well go with VPlanner since it seems to work well and I am familiar with it. But then I found out that there is another app called MultiDeco also apparently made by Ross Hemingway. From what I can gather MultiDeco has a number of deco algorithms that you can choose from and costs the same as VPlanner.

So my question is whether I should just get MultiDeco and have access to a variety of algorithms or stick with VPlanner? Are there any functional differences between the two apps that would justify getting VPlanner rather than MultiDeco?

I have been out of the deco diving scene for a while (crook back making it hard to carry twins) so if anyone has any other suggestions for Android deco apps I am interested. I will most likely get VPlanner or MultiDeco to stay consistent with my desktop but open to to other suggestions, especially if there were any freebies just to play around with.

Unless you need to add ZHL-16B and ZHL-16C models with GF's or GFS (Gradient Factor Surfacing) or VPM-B/FBO to your dive plans, then V-planner will still give you the same tables, and still has the same "Tools" menu for mixing, finding MODs and such. Also, from what I understand you can go to MultiDeco dive decompression software - New install Key codes and get new keys that will activate MultiDeco-Android if you have previously bought V-planner for Android. Good luck.

Thanks Kundalinichi. I probably don't 'need' the additional algorithms, but sort of thinking I may as well have them for the same cost as VPlanner. Sometimes it is fun to play around with different algorithms and do comparisons.

If you are right that registration for VPlanner allows you to access both apps then I guess I don't need to agonise over which to get - I could just have both! Will seek further confirmation on that.

Thanks again.

Thanks Ross. Dilemma solved - I will now have two nice new apps on my Galaxy!

Thanks also for your excellent work on deco software over the years.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom