Service from Hollis (good service)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bhtmec2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
People hardly ever talk about good things just like the news so here is a good report.

A few weeks ago I checked my gear the night before a deep dive and all was well. Went out on the boat and rigged up and checked all my Gage's and gear. Everything look ok so in we go. Stopped at 15ft and did a buddy check of everything from wing, regs, O2 tank, DECO tank and Gage's. All looked good except my DG1 was off. I had turned it on while on the boat and the battery was 3/4. Tried to activate it anti just cycled and went off. Well I had 2 working computers, a dive watch and a slate with the plan on it and off I went. Plenty of backup, I only used the DG1 because the numbers are large and I do not have to use the bifocals.

Finished the dive and checked it out on the boat and sired it. At home checked the manual and messed with it until sunday. I contacted Hollis via e-mail and phone and before midday Monday had the instructions and form to send it back. In fact got calls 3 more times following up on the e-mail. Mailed it out on Tuesday via USPS snail mail and it was back in my hands 2 weeks later. Mater of fact it was a new one as the other one I guess was defective.

I will give them 5 Stars for this service support. Thanks a lot. Only thing I would have liked to know what happened to it so if I run into it again I will know.......

You can see other post in Hollis as to frustration with purchases but that is life when you have other factories build your gear and you have to do QC when it arrives. Welcome to the global economy.

I love the product line just not some production delays.

Again thanks for the fast and professional service..........
Bryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: TJF
Can a Mod move this thread to the Hollis section I made a miss post and started it here. Darn iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hollis has always treated me well. Their F1 fins are some of the best technical fins I have ever worn & the O2 reg. delivers when needed. Hollis took good care of me with my scooter (no longer have- upgraded). The H-160 was a phenomenal scooter to learn how to pilot a tow- behind DPV. In just a few weeks, I will be ordering a PRISM2 rebreather. I am very much looking forward to learning how to use it. After looking at other units, the PRISM2 best fit what I was looking for. Keep up the good work, guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom