Lembeh Reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt215

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to lembeh next month. I'm going for the muck and critters, but are there any reefs? Just for some variety.

Northern tip of Lembeh Island has reef diving and then I've also dived reefs along the south eastern side of the island. Palau Dua (off the South east coast) had a pretty decent reef and we spotted a turtle and white tip reef shark and the viz was 20m+.

There are some sites that might be called "reefs" Nudi Falls area comes to mind. In fact I think that is where there is a pretty spectacular mini wall.
And I mean mini but the life and color is incredible.
The visibility usually isn't the best, when I was there the dive op said it was better than usual and it was around 10-15 meters.
Some dive ops will make special trips out of the straight to dive reefs.
When I went 3 years ago I did a combo Bunaken-Lembeh trip to get my wide angle fix. I liked the critters in Lembeh better though and I was there diving for 10 days.

Hello! There is some nice reef diving in and around Lembeh - so you will be able to mix it up! Nudi Falls, Nudi Retreat are nice coral sites as are Angels Window, Dantes Wall. There is also some lovely coral diving at the south of Lembeh as well. Just let the dive operator know what you are interested in and they will be able to organise something for you for sure!

You can ask for arranging a daytrip to Bangka and you'll get some of the most colorful reefs at Sahaung or even on Batu Tiga.

So how far is it from lembeh to bunaken? I'm staying at lembeh resort...

It is about 2- 2.5 hours from Lembeh to Bunaken. This is a great combo trip doing both. We did Bunaken first for the reef diving and then headed to critter heaven in Lembeh! Have a great trip!
So how far is it from lembeh to bunaken? I'm staying at lembeh resort...

Its about 1.5 hours (if the weather is perfect) to Bangka by boat. You will need to convince a few others to go with you OR be willing to pay a pretty decent fuel surcharge for the trip. But it will be worth it. Bangka is closer and better (according to some) than Bunaken. As Luko said above make sure you dive Sahaung, it really is an amazing dive.
I'm not sure many resorts in Lembeh will actually cruise all the way to Bunaken by boat??

Can also do the East side of Lembeh for some great reef dives and really nice hard corals with some good current and fish life. Again, not many of the resorts go to that side though, its day trip but well worth it. NAD Lembeh does it for sure as does Divers Lodge

Matt, we may be at Lembeh Resort at the same time--we'll be there in one week, and we are staying through Christmas and New Year's.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will permit a trip to Bangka--and perhaps to the East side? I've also heard that California Dreamin' is a lovely reef dive?

Like Matt, we are going for the critters, but I am just the teeniest bit worried about how I'll cope with the lack of viz. So a reef dive with better viz every once in awhile sounds like a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom