Raja4Divers--Fantastic Resort, Top Notch Raja Ampat Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjjrs5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Fantastic! If you are reading this report, you are interested in findingthe best place/way to dive in Indonesia. Look no further.I sandwiched 2 weeks at Raja4Divers in between two liveaboard trips toKomodo and Raja Ampat. I prefer liveaboard diving, but this resort may endup converting me to shore based. The setting is simplybreathtaking--"paradise" is often used by us guests. Take a lookat their website--the setting, rooms and resort are even more beautifulthan shown. The resort is run and owned by Swiss nationals who have livedin Indonesia/Raja Amphat for years. They have run and worked at many otherresorts prior to building this one in 2010 and seem to have incorporatedthe best of all of them. After 14 days I was still noticing nice"details" in the decoration, etc. The resort, island hikes andactivities were so good and the staff so anxious to make every minute ofyour stay enjoyable that I opted out of my usual 5 dives a day routine toenjoy my stay at this fabulous dive resort. Your significant other will behappy.The dive operation is top notch. Many sites with a great variety of divinghave been mapped out 2 to 40 minutes boat drive from the resort. Furthertrips are sometimes combined into a 3 dive trip with lunch on a beach. Allmorning dives have a beach break between them with cappuccino, tea, etc.Afternoon dives are usually single but a second boat dive is available ifrequested. Night dives can be on the boat or on the very good house reef. The house reef had batfish, huge cuttlefish, mandarin fish, sharks(blacktip, wobbegong,bamboo) and more. Snorkeling was outstanding.What else did I see? All the Mantas you want, 3 breeds of pygmy sea horse,schools of jacks and barracuda, turtles,giant clams, beautiful coralgardens with zillions of fusiliers,etc in them, nudibranchs everywhere,leaffish, juvenile drum & batfish, sea snakes, etc., etc.--everything RajaAmpat is famous for.Snorkling and certification courses are available for beginners.Not only was this diving the equal of any I've done, but the overallexperience was the most enjoyable ever.

Wow that sounds like a trip of a lifetime! Komodo live aboard then R4D then RA live aboard!
Which live aboards were you on?
How would you compare RA to Komodo?
And if you had to go RA again would you go live aboard or stay at R4D?

And I'd love to see some of your pics.

Wow that sounds like a trip of a lifetime! Komodo live aboard then R4D then RA live aboard!
Which live aboards were you on?
How would you compare RA to Komodo?
And if you had to go RA again would you go live aboard or stay at R4D?

And I'd love to see some of your pics.
Sorry for the delay! RA has everything Komodo has except the dragons, but either is a 5 star trip. R4D was unique--the only resort I've ever stayed on that offered as much diving, as as GOOD, as a liveaboard, plus fantastic people as staff. You absolutely can't go wrong. As for liveaboards, the Mermaid 1 or 2 are both excellent--I've done 4 trips with them(out of almost 50 liveaboard trips).

Thank you for the excellent Pulau Pef post and your other posts--you are very prolific. Where in Texas are you from? I'm in San Antonio.

Thanks for the kind words. I’m just nuts about diving in Indonesia. Had been in Raja Ampat 6 times. :D

I live in Lake Jackson, 50 miles south of Houston.

Ha ha ha!! Well it's a good thing I was not holding my breath waiting for a reply!!!
Never hold your breath! Just kidding. Did you ever make the Indonesia trip? Where? I've been several times to Indonesia from Lembah to Alor--Fantastic everywhere. R4D still rocks from what I read. You have the best diving in the world out of Singapore with great air connections. Enjoy!

Never hold your breath! Just kidding. Did you ever make the Indonesia trip? Where?
Good advice!! :wink:
Yes we have been many places around Indo and a few in the Philippines, I've pretty much always written some sort of Trip Report on each trip so feel free to scroll though my posts.
Once the Indo bug bites...well it's an incurable disease!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom