Geezer wrist computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k8chen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there a really easy-to-use wrist computer for someone who is, how shall I say this delicately..., technologically challenged? And BIG, I mean BIG numbers on it?
Is Mares PUCK the only option?

You can preview features and useability here, Dive Computer Training they have nice preview videos. As for the large numbers, try one of these Prescription Scuba Diving Masks - Snorkeling Masks - SeaVisionUSA with the bifocal reading glasses built in. My wife has one with her RX and loves it. My short list was a suunto zoop, a board favorite, cressi leonardo, reviewers favorite, or oceanic veo 2.0. The oceanic is similar to the old versa tec (not an airintegrated vt) that I rented for OW. I ended up with the oceanic when the guy at the shop had one in a damaged box for $100.00 lower than I had seen them online. Check around, you might get lucky, especially this weekend :wink:

Derek

Shearwater Petrel for the win. Easy to see, no buttons to push during a recreational dive, and you almost can't outgrow it.

Liquivison. They have several recreational versions now, and the OLED display is a beautiful thing to see.

Dont let the technology challenge stop you from widening your choices... I have found that given a couple of days of messing with a computer (using the manual) just about any one can figure any two button computer.

I have a few PUCKS but am not really satisfied with them(they seemed to break a little too often). I also recommend getting a prescription mask to help you see smaller stuff and clearly read your computer.

Cheers,
Roger

The best money I have spent on gear was custom lens for my masks. I found one that fit well, bought two and sent them off for prescription lens. But to answer your question, the Galileo Luna and Sol are very readable and very capable computers.

Shear water Predator or Petrel - very bright displays and easy to read for older reading glasses dependent eyes.

Another option might be a Datamask. I have one and don't have any problems seeing the display, it works well for me. I only mention it as an option, one that is mostly overlooked. Like I said, it works for me. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom