curacao dive operator?!! please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jphoto

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
my wife and i will be in curacao over Christmas and new years. i am thinking about doing my advanced ow cert while we are there, but havent completely made up my mind. i am having a hard time finding a good dive shop there, does anyone have any suggestions? with websites or anything? please help!
thanks
Jordan

Go West is Ocean Encounters West. Same shop, new mgmt. The largest operator on Curacao is Ocean Encounters, they have 4 shops at resorts in Willemstad. Curacao Padi Scuba Diving - Ocean Encounters Curacao

Depending on where you're staying it can be a 45min. drive out to Go West/Westpunt from town.

Caribbean Sea Sports at the Marriott is another good option in the Piscadera Bay (resort) area. Curacao Diving - Caribbean Sea Sports Curacao - diving, dive shop and boat trips

It's not a bad idea to do a shore dive with the Dive Bus even if you don't take the class with them. They're convenient to town, will pick you up and provide a good orientation for shore diving on Curacao. It's not very difficult and is mostly low-current diving but some sites require decent navigation skills as you have to find a break in the ironshore cliffs to return to your starting point after you swim out to the reef - only on the west side...

my wife and i will be in curacao over Christmas and new years. i am thinking about doing my advanced ow cert while we are there, but havent completely made up my mind. i am having a hard time finding a good dive shop there, does anyone have any suggestions? with websites or anything? please help!
thanks
Jordan

My girlfriend and I just returned from Curacao - we dove with Curious2Dive - and I have no hesitation about recommended them.

I just did my OW certification with Curious2Dive, and the instructor is excellent. I'm also planning to do my AOW with them in January.
The reason I like it... Because it's a small Dive Center, you get a lot of attention from a great instructor, knows the house reef very well and he makes dive a lot of fun,
and makes sure you know all the stuff as you should.
Rather than being at a large Dive Center taking courses in groups, where you get less attention, less one on one tips.

Check out the website from Curious2Dive:
http://www.curious2dive.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom