Washed inside of BCD after diving, but don't like the idea of leaving it sealed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uniqueloginname

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
First dives with my new BCD, washed it thoroughly including inside. It is a Tusa BJC-6900 which has a removable inflator hose/valve, so I could potentially leave the hose off and let the inside dry out. The manual says to put the hose back on though, and everyone seems to just rinse their BCDs and leave it stored.

I can't help but think it's going to grow mold etc. inside. What do you guys suggest?

Rinse and the partially inflate it allow it to dry over night then drain it by pulling the butt dump allowing all the water to drain out the inflate and repeat until no more water. Always store it with a little air to prevent the bladder from sticking to its self when it drys

Thanks again Herb. It seems impossible or impractical to fully dry the inside. Thanks for the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom