Complete Gates-Sony HD Video System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

videoman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am selling an extra (backup) video system, carefully maintained and all in perfect working order, including:

· Gates housing for Sony HC7/9 with the Fathom W25 wide angle port
(with instruction manual and spare parts/O ring kit.) This housing has extremely reliable mechanical controls for most camera functions (including white balance), a large viewing window for the camera LCD display​, and an internal red filter that can be moved in/out.
· Sony HDR-HC-7 video camera
(In original box, with instruction manual, all original connection cables, Sony FH60 battery and an extra, higher capacity Sony FH70 battery, standard charger, extra Sony BC—TRP compact travel battery charger, Sony Wide angle conversion lens (0.7) for use topside, 3 blank Sony videotapes).
· Pair of Gates/Greenforce Squid 50 HID video lights
(With a total of 4 Flexi I NiMH batteries, each of which powers one light for 90+ minutes [spec, sheet says 120 minutes], 2 battery chargers with several optional international plugs, flexible arms that attach to the Gates housing). The extra set of batteries allows easy change between dives.
· Pelican M2500 Storm Case
(Airline carry on size. With cutouts for the housing, Fathom lens, and light heads. Room for more items with additional cutouts.)

This system has produced stunning video for me. I will especially miss (and you will enjoy) the superb Fathom lens. Also, this Sony video cam white balances surprisingly well at depth. The housing had regular maintenance at Gates last year and is under Extended Warranty until June 2013. The video camera was recently cleaned/maintained by Sony. The housing, port, and lights show cosmetic wear marks and tarnishing of their anodized aluminum finishes as occurs with saltwater exposure, but everything works perfectly, and the interior and all mechanisms are pristine.

$1950 for the whole system (cost over $8000). Pay Pal payment please. Can inspect in the Los Angeles area and in the photos below.

Attachments

• gates-sony system.jpg
    gates-sony system.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 190
  • gates housing 1.jpg
    gates housing 1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 163
  • gates housing 2.jpg
    gates housing 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 139
  • gates fathom lens 1.jpg
    gates fathom lens 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 141
  • gates -greenforce light heads.jpg
    gates -greenforce light heads.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 149
  • greenforce batteries.jpg
    greenforce batteries.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 127
  • greenforce chargers.jpg
    greenforce chargers.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Sony HC 7 and WA lens.jpg
    Sony HC 7 and WA lens.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 169
  • sony camera extras.jpg
    sony camera extras.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 136
If you end up parting this out, please let me know what you will sell the Greenforce system for.

If you end up parting this out, please let me know what you will sell the Greenforce system for.
Will sell the Greenforce system (2 light heads, 4 batteries, 2 chargers, and battery mounting bracket) for $750 + shipping.

how much for the camera, housing and port? dom42o at hotmail dot com

Will sell the Greenforce system (2 light heads, 4 batteries, 2 chargers, and battery mounting bracket) for $750 + shipping.
Thanks. I already picked something up though.

I'm interested... still available? Are there any blemishes on the glass of the port?

Still available. No blemishes on the glass that I can see. I just double checked as best I could with a loop. Some minor discoloration of the black anodized metal in a few places and some very small marks on the metal. GREAT lens. I'll miss it.

pm sent

System still available. Price reduced to $1600 for everything, including lots of extras listed.
Will sell only the Greenforce lights, 4 batteries and chargers for $500 and the Gates housing, port, camera and Storm case for $1100.
GREAT SYSTEM. Beautiful video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom