Video - The Valiant / Dive Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
Here's some GoPro video footage of a dive on the wreck of the Valiant this past Sunday. The wreck lies a couple hundred yards outside the Avalon Dive Park in approx 70-95FSW off Descanso Beach. On this day, we were fortunate to obtain a permit from the Avalon Harbor Master to dive outside the Park boundaries. On our first dive of the day, we kicked out to the wreck and dropped within a few yards of the stern. After a leisurely lap around the wreck, we continued a nice relaxed dive back to the park arriving at the swim platform near the North/West corner. We continued to shallow up while extending our dive within the park boundaries...eventually surfacing at the stairs. After the dive were were blessed with the company of the Infamous Dr. Bill for lunch at the Dockside Café. With minimal crowds and nice conditions, it turned out to be an awesome day :)

[video=vimeo;54342229]https://vimeo.com/54342229[/video]

Nice video! Can I ask what lights you were using, and if you used a filter for the GoPro?

Thanks Bill and others. Regarding questions about my GoPro setup - I'm currently using the GoPro dive housing with the Backscatter Flip Magic Red Filter mounted on a Light & Motion Compact Tray. For lighting, I'm currently using a single L&M Sola 2000. In this video, I had it mostly set on the lowest power setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom