Aqualung flat valve problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luke s

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone ever had a problem with a rear dump valve on an aqualung bc? My axiom i3 has a problem with the rear "flat" dump valve. It holds air medium well, but emits a slow leak at the surface and when I come up it's essentially flooded. Took it to an aqualung shop and they said it's fine. They took it apart and put it back together and said it was ok. It works fine to dive, but it's a pain to have to wobble around to get air away from the valve. Any thoughts?

Has anyone ever had a problem with a rear dump valve on an aqualung bc? My axiom i3 has a problem with the rear "flat" dump valve. It holds air medium well, but emits a slow leak at the surface and when I come up it's essentially flooded. Took it to an aqualung shop and they said it's fine. They took it apart and put it back together and said it was ok. It works fine to dive, but it's a pain to have to wobble around to get air away from the valve. Any thoughts?

I'm not familiar with the flat valve but it is not ok for a valve to leak at all. The dump valve/opv is not suppose to leak at all and any leaks could be attributed to a badly seating valve or not having enough grease on around the edges. I suggest that you take it to another shop if possible.

Do not grease the sealing surfaces of OPVs. The grease will hold sand which may cause damage to those sealing surfaces.

Good advice about grease. I have not greased this ever and the bc is quite well kept.. I also agree that the leak is a problem, but at the shop when everything was dry the bc held air no problem. In the water though, not so much.

Do not grease the sealing surfaces of OPVs. The grease will hold sand which may cause damage to those sealing surfaces.

I've seen a valve leak cus the rubber got so dry it cracked. A squirt of silicon spray will help protect the rubber.

Back
Top Bottom