V-Planner for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm starting Tech diving and need to acquire V-Planner. I can see what is in V-Planner for Windoze, I don't see a way to trial the iPhone version.

My phone is always going to be with me, but I don't want a "lesser" product just for portability.

Is there a way to output the runs?

Comparisons anyone?

It is available, no trial though, have to buy the license, also ideco and Baltic deco for iPhone/pad. I compared ideco with v planner on my PC and with similar settings they were comparable.

I run v-planner on my iPad, which I would imagine is very similar to/identical to the Phone version. I've never tried outputting from it as I also have it on my MacBook, but the pad version does have the option to copy the plan to the clipboard, from where you could presumably paste it into something else for output, or to print the plan, assuming you have, I guess, a wireless-networked printer. Computer guru I'm not... If I'm using my iPad to plan the dive, something's probably gone wonky with the original plan anyway, so the runtime would just get written in my wetnotes.

Can you please define you output requirements? Printing, email etc. To my knowledge the phone version of v-planner (iphone) have no output options. I also use Baltic that has email as output option. If you have a wireless printer for this you will be able to also print.

I've got the MAC and iPhone versions.

iPhone is obviously a mobile (ie cut down) version but works fine for me - I've planned and executed +300 foot dives on it and the schedules are close to the Predator computer that I use for my backup.

I dont have access to gradient factors on the iPhone and the descent/ascent rates are restricted to a single figure - I found that a bit inconvenient when planning deep caves because I know that the penetration depth/cave angle wont let me achieve a constant rate sometimes.

IPhone still gives you access to mixing tools/mod/best mix etc and can work oc and ccr modes.

As for "outputs" - you put your profile in and hit the "calculate" option. When the dive plan is calculated you get a button in the top right "Details". At the bottom of that page there are "Copy to Clipboard" and "Print Plan" buttons.

The one function I can't see in iPhone V-Planner is "Lost Gas" options.

iDecoPro has some additional features like the GF and easier to use sliders in my opinion. You can also email the profile. Again I can't find a lost gas option.

Lost gas profiles have to be run separately on the iOS versions.
We end up running planned, planned +5minutes, 1 minute bail out, and lost gas separately and writing it all in our wet notes or slates as the team plan. Shearwaters are used for backup during the dive and normally clear deco first.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom