Sidemount Tank Band and Snap Clips with Adjustable 1" Nylon Webbing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldpeanut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am new to sidemount diving. I know Highland Tank Band is pretty good for the sidemount tanks. However I have seen people use perhaps 1" or 1.5" tank band which is probably better for traveling divers to check in their luggage.

I have also seen on the video, some sidemount divers seem use the length adjustable 1" nylon webbing with bolt snap clips for their sidemount tanks, I just wonder where can I get those accessories? Any information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Terry

There are a number of reputable online retailers who can supply the items you're looking for, but 2 of the ones I use are:

---Dive Gear Express
---Northeast Scuba Supply

I get my 1" bluewater tubewebbing from REI along with bungee and the 450lb test pmi rope I use to tie my clips etc. The clips, rings, triglides can be bought at divegear express or wherever. If you want colored 2" webbing northeast scuba supply has that by the foot.

I order sterling rope stuff form moosjaw (prussic cords etc.)

Bluewater, PMI, & Sterling are the nylon companies I like to stick with for poly/nylon static and dynamic pieces as they have a good history and reputation in the spelunking community. If you want to sew your own webbing pieces you need the book "On Rope" which will detail the do/dont's of rigging, nylon/poly abrasion, and exactly how many stitches you need to achieve the strength you want from your rig.

Diverite low profile 1.5" cam bands work well for lighter weight sidemount tanks. I use them for lp45s but they'd work good on al80s too. Add a triglide to hold your boltsnap in place. I think they are a bit skimpy for larger steel sidemount tanks though.
Tank Straps, Adapters and Weights - Dive Gear Express

Diverite low profile 1.5" cam bands work well for lighter weight sidemount tanks. I use them for lp45s but they'd work good on al80s too. Add a triglide to hold your boltsnap in place. I think they are a bit skimpy for larger steel sidemount tanks though.
Tank Straps, Adapters and Weights - Dive Gear Express

You're dead-on regarding the 1.5" cam bands not working well with larger steels.....not enough nylon to support the tank. 2" nylon cam bands work perfectly, tho.

Back
Top Bottom