Dive Rite elbow dump on OMS wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirtdevil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anybody tried this so far? Does it fit? I'd personally prefer a pull dump there just in case I need it.

Thanks a million!

DD

DD

Shouldn't be a huge problem. The thread should be the same. The depth may be slightly off, but this can be corrected with a thicker gasket.

I've used a Dive Rite elbow on my Sherwood BC and the only thing that was the problem was my Sherwood threads were a bit shorter.
The good thing was the gasket that came with the Sherwood was thicker, so it worked out in the end.

Be sure you get the right cable length for your corrugated hose. And do an overnight pressure test to make sure it holds. Hang your BC up, inflate it fully, and give it a squeeze. After 24hours give it another squeeze to see if it leaked any.

You may also need a pin to connect the cable to your inflator. Your inflator should already have a slot for said pin.

Shouldn't be a huge problem. The thread should be the same. The depth may be slightly off, but this can be corrected with a thicker gasket.

I've used a Dive Rite elbow on my Sherwood BC and the only thing that was the problem was my Sherwood threads were a bit shorter.
The good thing was the gasket that came with the Sherwood was thicker, so it worked out in the end.

Be sure you get the right cable length for your corrugated hose. And do an overnight pressure test to make sure it holds. Hang your BC up, inflate it fully, and give it a squeeze. After 24hours give it another squeeze to see if it leaked any.

You may also need a pin to connect the cable to your inflator. Your inflator should already have a slot for said pin.

Thank you! It'll be nice to have a pull dump! :) would you happen to have a site where I can get gaskets?

DD

DiveGear Express is a good one. Another is Northeast Scuba Supply. They have a a more diverse selection of inflator/hose/elbow packages
Wings/BC Parts - Northeast Scuba Supply

I wouldn't buy a new gasket and instead just use the one already in your OMS wing.
You should only need the elbow dump. Be sure to get the right length elbow dump so the cable fits your corrugated hose.

DiveGear Express is a good one. Another is Northeast Scuba Supply. They have a a more diverse selection of inflator/hose/elbow packages
Wings/BC Parts - Northeast Scuba Supply

I wouldn't buy a new gasket and instead just use the one already in your OMS wing.
You should only need the elbow dump. Be sure to get the right length elbow dump so the cable fits your corrugated hose.
Thanks for that! Was actually thinking about getting a whole new assembly and having the OMS one as a spare. Don't wanna tinker too much with stuff and ripping them apart. I'm a cluts. Lol

DD

I can understand, what with just starting out. It's very simplistic though. The whole assembly is held together by zip ties, 1-2 at each end with the ends filed smooth so the cuts aren't jagged. With the elbow dump models there's an additional cable that runs from the elbow down to the inflator. It's held into the inflator by a metal pin. It's very simple, for your future reference.

Anybody tried this so far? Does it fit? I'd personally prefer a pull dump there just in case I need it.

Thanks a million!

DD

DD

no problem. i was talking a dump valve OEM manufacturer (due to a another problem that i had) - in general, the BC dump valve, the valve at the elbow for the inflator , and even the OPV for the SMB - all of them are interchangeable ( and i tried it myself as well using DSS wing, halcyon wing pioneer, eclipse, explorer, OMS 30lb single wing, HOG SMB, OMS 5 feet SMB, OMS 9 feet SMB, Ap 25 kg valves lift bag - the BC dump, elbow valve and OPV are all ok).

The only slight difference may be the height of the valve (most are 10mm, some may be 11mm or 12mm) - but that does not affect functionality. Even a thicker gasket may not be necessary as the depth at which the gasket is being accommodated is almost universal (+/- 1mm) - so you should be good !

Back
Top Bottom