Ambon - X-Ray article and updated location pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a 10 day trip to Ambon (which was supported by Maluku Divers) earlier this year and have just had a comprehensive 9 page article published in X-Ray - plus I have updated the location pages for Ambon on my site.

You can download the Ambon article on this LINK

The intro page for the Ambon location pages are available on this LINK

Ambon-Cover_400.jpg

nice report Don,also enjoy reading on your website.Regarding sharon shrimps,how rare do you find them.Seen them in a few places,not easy to find.But was very surprised to find 3 of them in 3 different locations and habitat's in Tulamben over a week period.

Its a nice report & i really like the photos from the twilight zone but i have to wonder about the wonderpus cover photo, especially after reading a similar thread on wetpixel about these type of shots. Capturing natural behaviour or interfering with marine life?

but i have to wonder about the wonderpus cover photo, especially after reading a similar thread on wetpixel about these type of shots. Capturing natural behaviour or interfering with marine life?

What do you mean.I did wonder about the cover shot.

nice report Don,also enjoy reading on your website.Regarding sharon shrimps,how rare do you find them.Seen them in a few places,not easy to find.But was very surprised to find 3 of them in 3 different locations and habitat's in Tulamben over a week period.

Thanks for the comments - there were several saron shrimps in one location that the dive guides knew, but hard to photograph as they are quite shy. I had never actually seen them before, but since then I have heard that they are reasonably common if you know where to look...

Back
Top Bottom