• Dive it.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dump it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good score of the used gear.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently was cruising Craig's List and came across a SP Nighthawk w/ Air2 BCD and MK 25/ G250 HP reg for $300. This gear had been in the water maybe 10 time total, So I thought this was a sweet deal. Attached to the HP hose was an Aeris 500 AI Dive computer. I know this computer is pretty old, around 2003. I took the battery out and it was the original, although dead it hadn't leaked. I am looking to find out more about it and am trying to decide whether to put it into service.

From what I have read so far, it is a fairly feature laden computer with a bunch non-essential, but nice to have capabilities, like downloadable dive logs, simulation mode, back light, nitrox (which my current Genesis does not have).

To head off the inevitable flame war, I am currently diving a Genesis computer and plan to run them tandem until I decide that this new computer is operating within spec on a consistent basis. And no, I am not taking it to the 'Doria net Tuesday as my sole computer. I am interested in finding out the pro's and con's of this DC and what the opinions are of it, now that people have had a decade to assess its performance and can compare it to modern computers Magazines/websites always compare gear to there contemporaries based on straight out of the box testing. I am interested in how it has stood up over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom