Suunto Cobra - Mac Compatible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UtahGetMe2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I borrowed the USB cord to connect my Suunto Cobra to my Mac. I plugged it into my Mac and nothing showed up. Then I tried it in Windows using a virtual machine and it still did not work. Then I tried it on the PC and a window popped up showing that there was communication between the PC and the Suunto, but after a few seconds it went away and then did not show it as a connected device.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or if I need to download software?

You need software and drivers. See the current software/drivers on the Suunto website, OR check out Mac Dive 2.

My friend got back to me and said there may be a disc with the cord...

---------- Post added December 12th, 2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

Ok so I've downloaded Suunto DM4 from the Suunto website. I installed the software and it prompted me to select my device and also create a movescount account which I have done. It says I am connected to movescount on the lefthand side of the window, but above it, it says that my device is not connected. Also in the middle of the screen it tells me to connect the device even though I am already plugged in.

the mono framework? If so I did, but wasn't sure what to do with that... it is installed.

Which Cobra do you have? Is it the original Cobra or a Cobra 3?

If it's the original Cobra, you have to switch it to Data Transfer Mode TR-PC.

The Cobra 3 goes into Download mode automatically, but I don't think it works with older style cables. Mine didn't work with older 3rd party cables.

Also, I would suggest downloading a trial copy of MacDive 2 MacDive and see if it connects as the Suunto DM4 is rather finicky.

Awesome. When I switched it to TR-PC it synced right up... I have the original Cobra. Thank you for the help everyone. I will also check out the MacDive.

Everyone? There's only two of us other than you in the thread... But ur welcome! :D

Noted... I did include myself in the thank you for getting it to work and technically, 3 people can be described as "everyone" :angrymob:

Back
Top Bottom