Help with picking new BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys I am in a dive master program and a new BCD would love your feed back on these models and why. I am in Thailand so some of the non world serviceable brands are out.

my thoughts
AL pro LT like the price point of this model
Al pro QD like some of the features but for the price might as well go for a back inflate as i guess that is were the future is going?? yes?
scuba pro knight hawk

feedback very welcome. can't seam to find a place to rent the models i am looking to buy so I came here.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2012 at 02:13 AM ----------

oh i forgot the Al axiom is the list...

I do not know to much about the 2 models ,But I would go with a back inflate BCD. You will find that youi have better trim (HORIZONTALLY ). I have resently went from a jacket BCD to a BP&W . and I do not have to work so hard at getting good trim and my back loves me for it. My buddy has a Scuba pro back inflate(model I do not know)he really likes it . You may want to check with the LDS that you will be doing your DM with and see what they prefer used with students,(for demonstration purposes )

they only sale Aqula lung and scuba pro but don't carry much stock so I can't try any on.
lets talk about the pro and cons of back inflate VS jacket style BCDs
would like to hear what others thoughts are...

Search is your friend. This topic has been beat to death.

Both will work. For most, the back inflate is more comfortable underwater.

Scubapro ladyhawk - unless you really need pockets in your BCD. It has one pocket that can be pulled down from a zipped storage area but it's a complete pain in the tuckus. Otherwise I love it!

Are going to continue on to the instructor program?

As an instructor and to some degree as a DM, the Scubapro Stabilizing Classic is still an excellent choice. It truely floats you face up and has a large lift capacity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom