Diving Newfoundland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure who is offering dives to this place but you might want to do a search under Bell Island Wrecks. There are four very large cargo boats that sit in recreational depths near Bell Island. They were torpedoed during WWII and are apparently in very good condition.

Try DiveSafari Canada.

They are going out next July 28th - Aug 04. 10 day trips. Almost all inclusive. Absolutely awesome, pristine diving. Warm in July, over 120 feet visibility. The 10 day trip includes the Bell Island Wrecks and nurmerous shores dives. These shore dives are awesome and it is where the locals go. They are full with marine life. July is great for whales, icebergs and puffins. DiveSafari includes a whale tour as well. www.diversafaricanada.com

When are you coming to newfoundland, I live on the northeast coast , I have a boat and would be happy to have a dive buddy for a day. let me know when you are coming and if i am not working I will show you some nice marine life.

Hey ScubaSteve...

I am going to be in Newfoundland myself for a week of intensive diving in Mid July. Mainly for the already mentioned Bell Island Wrecks... Dove them two years ago and cant wait to do them again.

4 Iron Ore Carriers...fully intact ( well except for big torpeado hole) and sitting upright 3 of them are approx 100ft and the fouth is a little deeper 125-165ft

When I dove there 2 years ago it was mid July and the vis was 100ft+. I hear that it's even better in early June...

If it's july that your planning your trip...let me know and we can make arrangements to dive together.

As mentioned the oceanquest charter is Outstanding...the best I've seen anywhere.

Hey.. I am diving in NFLD from July 24-31st. We are diving the Bell Island Ship Wrecks and a couple whaling wreck. also doing a number of shore dives. The Folks at Ocean Quest are amazing. I dove last January 2003 with Rick and Debbie STanley the owners. I had a blast. great crew and the wrecks are amazing. If you want to join us was need a max of 14 divers right now we have 4 divers and still have an information session to get the rest.. It is amazing Diving.. and again Ocean Quest gang are Awsome. That's why I am going back and bringing come friends with me :)

If you want to know more. feel free to e-mail me.. and I can definitley get you all the information you need.. or just give Rick a call he'd be more then Happy to answer any questions you have. If you need Logding he will have a lodge completed at his home to house 12 people.. also.. his charters are two tank dives which in clude your air, weights<so you don't have to bring them in>, and a lunch for $80.00.

In the winter time you have about 60-80ft vis on good days. Water temperature is about 2 degrees.. in late sprin g you can dive around the ice burges. In summer Visibility is great about 50ft or so.. The I dove the PML 27.. The avtar I have is me diving through an area newar the bow section of the boat. visit www.oceanquestcharters.com . If you want to join us that week.. feel free to meet us there.. we would be flying in for 3:30 saturday afternoon.

Hi and thanks for the invite.

Yes Rick and Debbie are the greatest. I dove with them two summers ago.

I am from St. John's originally and will be heading back in a year or so when I retire.

I think we will be there in Mid July...so we will not connect...maybe next time you come down...I will be there full time...

Have a wonderful trip and good diving

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom